Sunday, November 13, 2011

The title of this blog...

I completely forgot to explain the title of the blog! What can I say, it's 3:30 am and I'm not quite focused.

I was looking for something fun to name the blog, something musical that expresses the way I feel about both learning guitar and music in general. Then I found a quote by Ben Harper that really resonated with me.

That happens every time I get behind a guitar, regardless of what I'm saying, 'cause music is freedom and being free is the closest I've ever felt to being spiritual.
I can really, really empathize with that. Music takes me places, out of my head, out of whatever frustration or anxiety I happen to be in the midst of. Music soothes my soul and keeps me going when I need it. I'm hoping that this will be those strings of freedom to get me someplace else.

No comments:

Post a Comment